The intro shows an average day of Turfing on trains
1) How they introduce themselves to their audience on Bart (and in the case of this film to the people watching it)
2) What it is they do namely “Turfing” (A.K.A taking up room on the floor) by providing a show on Bart through dancing and collecting any donations from the passengers as a way of living.
3) Show that they are able to sustain themselves by showing a little bit of what they earned from 3 hours of dancing.
The ending helps to revisit the Turfers showing what they do every day following their passion of dancing which is also their way of staying alive (literally as this is how they make their money to feed and cloth themselves).
The music was on point.
Placeholders worked to show what we need and didn’t distract people from the story.
Music choices were appropriate.
See more of an emphasis on the “family” aspect.
Explain why and how they got into “Turfing”.
Introduce the characters.
Work on the transition from color to black and white.
Work on Jasmine’s part since it seems “out of place” consider to either flesh out her part to make her apart of the story or just take her out if it doesn’t work.
Others Points to Think About
Music leads people to emotional place.
Consider the angle of seeing how the family is struggling to make a living.
Consider showing the difference between “street thugs” panhandling and artist dancing for a passion.
Following the lives of two Bay Area Turf Dancers trying to support their families by dancing in the Bart subway stations and trains.
Turfers on Trains.
Paul Crandel, Sarah Hawkins, Jasmine Haynes, Ileana Ruiz.
Following the lives of Turf dancers NoJustice, T7 and Turfer Girl, showing how they follow their passion of dance to make ends meet.
Seventeen-Mid Twenty somethings and dancers.
OBJECTIVE OF FILM:
A couple sentences answering the question, what do you want your audience to take away from your documentary?
Train sounds, Bart, Train station ambiance, Rap, Hip Hop.
Voice overs of interviewees with film of them performing turfing.
Interview Jasmine (This is what she does)
Asking audience what they thought of the performance
Dancing Taco Train
Turfing on Trains
What the Film is about:
Two Bay Area Turf Dancers by the names of Noh Justice and T7 dancing on Bay Area Rapid Transit to earn money to provide a better life for themselves and their families while chasing their dreams becoming known world wide using their gift of dance.
What approach will we take on making the film:
- Voice overs of interviewees with film of them performing turfing.
- Interview Jasmine (This is what she does)
- Asking audience what they thought of the performance
What obligatories do we have on our list:
- Shots of Bart
- Shots of “turfing”
- Shots Dancers/Dancer families