About us

Ileana Ruiz: Hey everybody, I’m Ileana and I am 22 years old. I’m real shy and quiet but dream of becoming a director one day.  I know there are dancers that are passionate and want to get the respect for their art while trying to make a living doing what they love. I’m interested in making this film because I want to know about turfing itself and how the dancers manage to make money.

Sarah Hawkins: Hey guys, my name is Sarah, I am 22 years old and I’m an awkward ball of sarcasm. I came to Ex’pressions to pursue a career in film making as a writer and director. I am passionate and driven, ready to share my stories with the world. Film has always been a major part of my life, not only creating an escape but films have allowed me to think about things and see them in a different way, a different view the same way reading a great novel would. I know there are dancers that are passionate and want to gain recognition and respect for their art as well as make a living doing what they love. I want to learn what Turfing is and how and why the dancers make this their life.

Jasmine Haynes: Wusup wit it. Im Jasmine aka “Turfer girl”. Im 23 years old. Im in the Sound Arts program here at Ex’Pressions. I enjoy rapping, dancing, making beats and hanging out with my friends having a good time.

Paul Crandell: Hello! I am an upcoming Game Art Designer attending Expressions and following the example of my crew i’ll tell you my age (which is 24 by the way) so look out in the near future you might scroll by my name in the credits of a game you love but still don’t read the credits of!