About WoMee’s Project

My Core Concept is on the subject “Adopting pets”. The project is about adopting pets at the animal shelters or rescue group: why we should adopt pets at these places? What are your benefits from adopting pets? Why a lot of people volunteer at the animal shelters?  What are the problems that the animal shelters mostly have? What we should do to support them?

The reason why I choose this topic is, firstly, mostly people buy pets at the pet store because they think that pets at the animal shelters or rescue group are not vaccinated or not healthy. These thinking are not corrected and I want to change those opinions. Secondly, as myself an old customers at an animal shelters, I found a lot of benefits that I had when my roommates and I adopted our cat there.

Jazzhands

This is Jazzhands, my adopted cat

The people that I will interview for my projects are:

1. People who used to adopt pets: I choose roommates and I to be these people, because we have adopted a cat and we know how the feelings are. I will interview their experiences when they went adopting our cat, and how they think it was a good thing to do.

2. Volunteered people at the animal shelters or rescue group: I choose the SP SFCA, an animal shelters where we adopted our cat, because as I know, there are a lot of people who volunteered there. I will ask their working experience, what inspired them to volunteer and how they think it is a good thing to do.

SP SFCA, an animal shelter in San Francisco. My roommates and I adopted our cat there, and this shelter has a very good service and their staffs are very friendly. Besides, I will go to some other shelters to have different resources and information.

The history event that I will include in my project is the day my roommates and I went to the animal shelter and adopted our cat. That was a very great experience that we had and we love to share that.

My key audience is people who love to have pets. A lot of people just go to the animal stores. However, there are a lot more benefits from adopting pets than buying a pets.

In conclusion, my project will show you the benefits that not only for you, but also for the homeless animals. It will also show you the realistic experience from the customers and from the people who volunteered at the animal shelters or rescue group. I hope my project would let people know more about these shelters and give a hand to help them raise the homeless animals.

I am still on the process of preparing for the project. And right down below are the samples  of my loge. Which one do you think is good?

Let me know in the comment below ( ;

Tran_Nhi_Web

3 Responses to About WoMee’s Project

1. Are the pictures of your cat? Also, are you going to have some posts specific to the SF SFCA (SPCA??) for the midterm? I want to know more about how they handle adoptions, what the facility looks like, and who the volunteers and staff are. Also, pictures of the animals. When are you going to visit them?

2. Thank you! I’m glad that you like it.

3. Your logo is awesome Nhi. I love the animal faces in your logo. It really answers the “who” of your project.