Just a Thought: Accessibility

It seems to me that nowadays, Everyone is trying to be a musician. I can't really compare to previous generations but I think that the more we see people making music in their houses the more accessible it seems thus making more people want to make music. I also think that the rise of bedroom musicians has to do with how much more music we have access to compared to previous generations. 

I'm going to go a bit off topic. I believe that because we are a generation that virtually has headphones glued in to our ears, we understand music more than previous generations have.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Just a Thought: Accessibility

1. Kyle Clay says:

Also if youre still awake. Can I use video footage of some people I interviewed for my pitch?

2. Kyle Clay says:

Yes. I think if you compred todays average joe to a 40s, 50s, or 60s average joe, todays would have a better understanding of music simply because of exposure.
    I think that If you could compare a set of twins (one grew up eating healthy food and the other ate a lot of junk food) one would definately look less healthy. Or if one of them grew up in london and the other grew up in hawaii, their skin tones would not be the same.

3. I'm glad you are thinking about this topic, and your idea about access to quantity of music is interesting. Are you going to argue that you know more than previous generations simply on exposure?

I can listen to a lot of crap, just like you can eat junk food instead of something nutritious. Just because there is more does not mean it is better.