1) Sit in the cross-legged or Lotus position with your back straight. (Have a look a meditation posture to find out why you should sit upright). Then shut your eyes. Inhale deeply and fill up your lungs with fresh air. Pause for a second and exhale slowly. Repeat this process three times.
2) Now shift your complete focus towards your third eye or Ajya Chakra (centre of your forehead). Keep your eyes shut, and draw both your eyes closer to the Ajya chakra i.e. try to look up with your eyes closed.
3) Maintain your focus on the third eye and start backward counting from 100 to 1. Throughout the Third eye meditation, keep your eyes centered towards Ajya Chakra.
4) Remain in this position for 10 minutes and then slowly bring your eyes back to the normal position. Feel the stress releasing from your eyes. Let them loose and free. Allow your eyes to regain their normal movement.
5) Now do deep breathing for 3-5 minutes, until your focus is shifted from the third eye and your eyes start feeling normal again. Imagine your third eye getting stimulated and slowly opening up. Feel your psychic powers rising.
6) The last step of Third Eye meditation involves gently opening up your eyes. Stay calm for a minute and enjoy the relaxed state of your mind.
Root Chakra This energy source controls our feeling of being grounded and comfortable in situations. If the Root is off we suddenly feel nervous or extremely self-conscious. Sacral Chakra This chakra is the key source of our sexuality and emotional availability. When the Sacral Chakra is off we become inward and closed to intimacy or perhaps an overactive sacral chakra would become too quickly connected and attached inappropriately. Navel Chakra The core of our most intimate self-worth, the Navel Chakras functioning is important to holding onto the healthy regard of inner self. When this chakra is not functioning well we become jealous, disappointed and sad within. Heart Chakra Learning to accept yourself as well as the ability to love others is all based in the Heart Chakra. When the Heart Chakra is not functioning well, you can become shut off from the world or the opposite, you become too dependent on people to measure your own love and acceptance. Throat Chakra As its name implies, the Throat Chakra is our voice. The ability to express ourselves and be heard is all in the hands of the effectiveness of this chakra. When it is off, we suddenly become shy or introverted or perhaps too expressive and domineering. Third Eye Chakra This focal point holds our ability to learn and grow from experiences. When it is not functioning well we can become naïve, easily taken advantage of or not focused on reality – often referred to as living in a dream world. Crown Chakra Our spiritual or religious bonds are maintained in the Crown Chakra. When it does not flow correctly, our entire perception of truth seems wrong or off. We question things we used to firmly believe or pontificate without thinking things through.