The goal of the Student Alliance is to foster, develop, and support the Ex’pression student body through advocacy, events, and PRESS magazine. Members of the Student Alliance help plan fun events and activities; advocate for student concerns; and can help brainstorm for future PRESS articles and features.
Member Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend monthly meetings with OSA
- Assist with projects and activities
- Volunteer to co-lead projects
- Propose ideas for events, PRESS articles, campus improvements, etc.
- Vote on group ideas
- Demonstrate professional behavior or risk having membership revoked
- Interface with students and staff to promote events and projects
- Be a representative of your student body, get feedback from students and share information with Alliance members and OSA
Perks of being a Student Alliance Member:
- Members-only events
- Customized gear
- Receive a Student Alliance lanyard if you sign up and attend a meeting
- Receive an Alliance tee if you volunteer to help at an Alliance event
- Recognition at Graduation – Receive a pin and be announced as an Alliance Member if you….
- Volunteer at 1 Alliance event and attend 5 meetings
- Or volunteer for at least 3 Alliance events
- Membership to Industry Organizations* – Receive one membership to a professional organization of your choice (within reason) if you…
- Volunteer for 1 Alliance event & attend 5 meetings
- Or volunteer for 3 Alliance events
- You may renew your membership annually or sign up for a new membership of your choice the following year.
* To view a list of Industry Organizations, visit the Industry & Career Services list here: http://students.expression.edu/ics/get-involved/. Popular organizations are Grammy U and AES.