About Us

cropped-Header1.png

Here is brief background in the history of Scott.

I am just about to turn 42 years old.  Before you ask, it didn’t take me 22 years to graduate high school.  I grew up in Huntington, WV and stayed there until I finished high school.  At an early age I spent a lot of time writing music and working on silly video projects.

I then moved to Pittsburgh, PA and attended The Art Institute of Pittsburgh where I earnedDEGREE IN Industrial Design.  I wanted to move into special effects but with all the work being on the west coast I moved into doing event work out of necessity.  I took a few live show gigs running sound and being a prop master on the east coast when I started having to pay back my student loans.

At that point I made the decision to join the Army.  I enlisted and became a Combat Engineer.  I was also a paratrooper attached to the 82nd Airborne Division out of Ft Bragg, NC.  I stayed there for three years.  I’ll save the war stories for another post.

I left the military when the bug for playing music reemerged.  I moved to San Francisco and started doing events and playing in bands.  Here are some examples of my current life…….

Here I am…..

10479928_10153059132213009_4867504866458176031_o

Here is my wife……

1798596_10152323662904276_395229399_n

Here is my dog…..

IMG_0247IMG_0834

This is what I do……

1066119_10200986296411619_363056149_o381955_197997010277160_753890788_nIMG_1030

This is what my band sounds like…..

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/142642316?secret_token=s-E8uen” params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]

This section regards to Schuyler:
I am Schuyler Rice, a student at Ex’pression College. I aspire to be a game designer in the entertainment industry and eventually have my own development team to make games that I want to make. This is partially because of my passion for video games and partially due to the really great and really terrible games that make their way to consumers.

My goal here is to discover the intricacies of the sound arts business and what it entails. By doing this, I hope that I can aid others who are attempting to make a career out of the program and assist in overcoming any obstacles that are common in the industry. Though I do not have a personal interest in this myself, my brother has proven to be quite successful through it and I wish to know what he had to go through to succeed.

This section regards to Dorian:
I am Dorian Powell, I attend Expression College in Emeryville, California. What brought me to Expression is my passion in music. I have had the passion for creating music for most of my life, however, I didn’t start making music until I entered high school. I learned how to record and the basic functions of GarageBand and met Charles Hames. We have came a long way with improvement and currently have a single on DatPiff . Ten years from now, I see our team planning our next album/mixtape drop date and hitting billboard. biggest influences in my life personally is Malcolm X, Panther Party, and Tupac Shakur. Currently, I make beats, record audio, mix and master and upload them to YouTube.