See “contact-info” page (currently private)
This film is about the journey of Ryan Walker in his attempt to decide a career path and his decision to move across the country to pursue it.
Motivation, Career Path, Pursuit of Happiness
Film vs Topic
The topic of the piece is about moving across the country. The film will be sharing the personal motivations behind it, the effects the decision had, and the personal struggle faced when moving across the country.
Ryan – this story is about me, so I feel very emotionally involved with it. The most interesting thing I hope to share is about how my move brings me hope for my future.
Joe – The most interesting thing is how Ryan moved across the country to pursue what he wanted to do in life.
Kyle – I like a good story and this seems like a good story. Storytelling is important in film, and if done right, we can tell this story well.
Bio-pic – using visuals to share the biographical information of a part of Ryan’s life
For information on our approach, please visit this page.
1. For conflict: are we focusing on specific conflicts or more general conflicts? how do the two relate to the story and how can we show that? – K
1. Feeling based sort of topic – relates to the question regarding conflicts. Physical conflicts, such as meeting someone or a physical relationship, vs emotional conflicts such as inner turmoil.
What skills does everyone have?
Ryan – Video Camera, Still Camera, Lighting, Video Editing, Motion Graphics, Producer
Joe – Video Camera, Still Camera, Video Editing,
Kyle – Video Camera, Still Camera, Lighting, Video Editing, Motion Graphics (Vegas), Music
What would everyone like to do?
Ryan – Producer, Motion Graphics
Joe – Video Camera
Kyle – Directing/Producing, Lighting, Sound Editing
Roles & Responsibilities
Motion Graphics: Ryan
Team Name & Logo
Team Name: Space Walker Productions
Logo Design Notes: Someone walking, spacey, planets (circle with walking man S+W somehow?)
Subjects: Ryan Walker, Adrian Farley, James Honey, Kyle Shaddeau, Teachers? (people who have moved), Mom&Dad, Sister, Daamun Mohseni (Effected by the move), FIND PEOPLE WHO DON’T HAVE DIRECTION or PEOPLE WHO HAVE FOUND A DIRECTION TO PURSUE
Interview Topics (come up with 10+ questions for each)
Topic 1: Moving long distances
Topic 2: Being affected by someone moving away
Topic 3: Finding direction in life
Preparation and Research
Watch the Pursuit of Happiness should be inspiration – watch it.
The story is about Ryan – so, if you have questions about the story ask him.
Motion Graphics ideas: tax foundation map, timeline
Use this to show:
1. Tax Foundation Map (link) – talk about the money issues. Money was a big deal, so use this graphic to really emphasize how big a deal it was. Everyone has money problems, you have to make this motion graphic powerful enough to make them care more about Ryan’s money troubles than their own.
2. Timeline – animating a timeline can really emphasize the passage of time and how relative time can be. Since timing was rushed – make the audience feel the sense of rush that Ryan felt when he was preparing for the move. You can also show the boredom and tedium Ryan felt before he decided to do motion graphics. You can make that part of the timeline drag on
Workshop Feedback #1
See the post about the Rough Cut Critique here.
Music and Score
Picture-Lock, Audio, and Post-Processing
- B-roll is added
- Animations are in
- Sound is in
- Score is in (levels may need slight adjustment)
- Lower thirds are in (might be improved)
- Story is 100% – waiting for final critique for any changes that might be necessary – but all changes from Rough Cut are in.
- Color correction on off-colored clips – no overall colorization
- Ending credits added, curious as to legibility on big screen, different monitors seem to play it differently