This is not a Federal Work-Study position due to the nature of the hours.
Department: Office of Student Affairs
Hours: Varies by term
Positions available: 2
The BRP Review Sessions Tutor assists BRP students in preparing and reviewing for the final or performance eval. Reviews for performance evals are usually held in the SSL 6000 or Neve. Review sessions are 4 hours long and free for students. Hours may vary depending on the term. Tutors will be paid a rate of $12/hour.
- Must be past IRP 2
- Must have passed BRP 2 with B+ or higher
- GPA of 3.0 or higher at time of hire
- Must not be on Academic or Conduct Probation
- Must be responsible, timely, patient
- Ability to exercise objectivity and discretion
- Enthusiasm for helping others
BRP Review sessions will generally be held at the end of the 8 week term (January, March, July, September, November). We will attempt to give at least 5 days notice of when sessions will be held, but there may be times when less than 5 days notice will be given. The process is normally:
- OSA receives a Review Session Request
- Once the studio has been booked, an email will go out to the tutors with the date and time.
- The first tutor to respond with positive availability will be scheduled for the session.
- Upon completion of the session, the Tutor should email OSA with a list of the students who attended to verify the session was held.
- The Tutor will be paid once the verification email has been received.
How to apply
If you have been in contact with a Student Affairs representative regarding an open BRP Review Sessions Tutor position, please complete a BRP Tutor Questionnaire below. Once the Application is received and approved by OSA and the BRP Course Director, you will be added to the list of available BRP Tutors. Review Session Tutors will be paid through check and may have to complete a W-9 for Accounting.