A little about me and beer

My name is Alex Jacobs and I currently go to Expressions Media College. When I’m not at school or doing homework, which is not often, I like to hang out with my friends at a local pub shooting pool or battling wits. I pay the bills by working as a butcher and wine and beer specialist at Whole foods in Sonoma California. Like most people I’ve been drinking beer since high school, however since I turned 21 I have been an abide beer lover. Until I turned 21 I thought that beer was just something to drink while you are hanging out with friends. I never realized the amount of effort and thought that goes into glass of beer. On my 21st birthday that changed when my friend took me on a tour of the Lagunitas brewing company and my appreciation for beer started.

I have been brewing my own beer for almost 2 years now and I feel I am just beginning to get the hang of it. I also have a friend who is a professional brew-mister. Growing up in the wine country I was constantly surrounded by people describing the tones and textures and multitudes of flavors that exist in a glass of wine. I had not found a taste or appreciation for wine and because of that I thought it was just a bunch of pretentious people pretending to act sophisticated and sometimes it is. As I started to drink beer and focus on the undertones within the beer and what goes into making that particular beer I realized what all of the wino’s were talking about. Like anything that people are passionate about I will never be done learning about beer or enjoying the experience. Through this blog I hope to share some of my knowledge and experiences with you as well as share some of your knowledge and experiences.

One Response to A little about me and beer

1. url says:

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.