Team Nerf Herders

Face for About Us

Hello everybody my name is Jordan Mitchell. I am 23 years old and I was born and raised in the Bay Area. I am currently in the Animation and Visual Effects program here at Ex’pression. I’m very passionate about my major and I am constantly striving to better myself in my art every day. I’m a big kid at heart and that is what fuels my energy to be in animation.

When I’m not working on my artwork I am spending time with my family. They are my biggest supporters and I couldn’t do this journey without them. I am also a huge sports fan and I love my teams (Raiders, Warriors, and Giants).

Being that I am in animation here is small list of movies that are my favorites: Monsters Inc., Nightmare Before Christmas, Avatar, and Lion King. I can’t wait to be in the industry and I won’t stop until I am the best.

The Art Challenges the Technology, and the Technology Inspires the Art.” – John Lasseter

11050310_10206527323799462_3751088675868709904_n My name is Adrian Farley. Currently a Sophomore at Ex’pression College studying Animation & Visual Effects. I have been working and schooling in Visual Effects for the last 5 years. I have an Associates in Commercial Graphics emphasis on Animation from my school back east in South Carolina. That journey taught me a lot and I am still learning from it and from this new one I’m in now.

Inspiration is the driving force for any artist. It is the lifeblood for us. Without it we are dead in the water. Where do I get my inspiration? I get mine from anything and everything I can. The world is my inspiration and everything in it. Staring at the stars or watching people in line at Starbucks gives me ideas by bringing out memories or emotions. An artist should use everything at his disposal to learn and adapt. Move forward and keep moving forward. Learn, apply and adapt.

My creations range from animated shorts, character models, explosion simulations, traditional art and photography. One of my greatest strengths and weaknesses is that I love all art and dive into each and every aspect I can. I personally enjoy making creatures in Zbrush and blowing up things in Maya. If I have any downtime I enjoy going for exploration hikes as much as possible to snap some awesome pictures. All in all I am an artist throughout and live to learn new techniques and master my own self.

CAM00019

Hello my name Adam Wall.  I am 22 years old and from Pittsburg, California.  I am currently enrolled in the Game Art & Design program at Ex’pression.  I am very avid gamer and am excited to start putting my characters and their universe’s into the gaming world.  Some of my biggest inspirations in the gaming industry are Hideo Kojima creator of the Metal Gear franchise and Casey Hudson creator of the Mass Effect franchise.

When I’m not playing games or drawing.  You can find me out on the soccer field.  I have been playing since a very young age.  I am a huge Arsenal FC supporter.

BillieCree

I’m Billie Creed. Occupation, student at Ex’pression. Major, Animation and Visual Effects. East Bay native, currently in Antioch. Hobby, guitar and back up vox in The Niteshades. Fav. bands, Rebelution, She Wants Revenge, The Cure, Beastie Boys, The Breeders, Pixies, Toadies, Nirvana, etc.