So who is Scott Touchet? Scott Touchet is an Assistant Athletic Trainer for the Oakland Raiders. Scott Touchet has been with the Oakland Raiders for over 20 years, and is currently embarking on his 21st season. Scott Touchet has had many years of experience in sports medicine ranging from his college days at Lamar University and the University of Arizona. From there Touchet interned with the Washington Redskins for a summer in 1991, then in 1992 he was a season long intern with the Dallas Cowboys, and in 1995 he was hired on with the Oakland Raiders. When Touchet isn’t working with the professional athletes for long hours, you can find him spending time with his beautiful family.
[Here is a brief overview of some of the questions I will cover during the interview]:
1) Basic Introduction(Name, How he is doing?, How is his day going?)
2)So tell me Scott, what is athletic training in a nutshell to you because when I often talk to people about you, they see you as a personal trainer of sorts?
3)So what got you into athletic training and into sports medicine? As a kid did you know this is what you wanted to do or was it something that happened later in life?
4) So being in this industry for close to 3 decades, what would say has changed the most in sports medicine?
5) So what is the best part about working for a professional sports team, let alone a football team?
6) If you weren’t working in sports medicine, what would you be doing or what is your second passion in life?
7) Is football the sport, that you ultimately wanted to work in? Or was it some other sport?
8) When was your “wow” moment, like you finally felt that you have arrived in the Big Leagues?
9) Are you currently in the position you want to be in? Have you reached your ceiling or is their more to accomplish in your career?
10) So of all the places you have travelled in your career, what is your favorite place to visit to this day?
11) Being that I’m your son I have funny stories I could share about you, but do you have any embarrassing (PG) stories that you can to share while you were on the road or at training camp from over the years?
12) What is the hardest part about your job?
13) Who is the most influential person in your life that has inspired you to become an athletic trainer?
14) If you could do anything different in your journey into sports medicine would you change anything or keep it the same?
15) What does the future hold for Scott Touchet?