Our Core Concept – Finding Happiness
1. Clear Central Character
2. Great B-Roll
3. Photos of her past really helped clarify the story.
1. Needs subtitles and or narration
2. Clarity in story and footage.
Finish Sub titles….
Title for pioneers music good
Good camera work
Personal perspective, of how we met Hatsuko?
Good b roll
B roll of her house in the begining
7 min base line
Tighter job of editing would explain
Dramatic development of music needs progression matching the story.
Needs flipping of the story
- What's the narrative spine of your piece?
Hatsuko's life story is the narrative spine. From her youth to young adulthood in Japan, to her life in America. How she immigrated, and settled in America, eventually alone.
- What are your main characters?
Hatsuko, and her family. Story of her husband, and her brother who is now 82.
- What are your plans for getting footage besides boring talking head shots?
We have access to photos. We can film her at her favourite restruante, her day to day living. Running errands, working out, going out.
- How is conflict driving your story?
Life has never ending struggles, the conflicts will be that of the past, leading up to her life as it is now.
- What kind of change do you wish to unfold within your piece?
Through her life what how she has lived, we wish to unfold a new understanding within our viewers perspective.
- What's the inciting incident and point of entry in your story?
Hatsuko coming to America in 1969.
- What issues do you foresee making your piece visually strong?
None unless we suddonly loose all access to a computer. All of our images. and footage move the story forward and since the story is compelling, we will supply the clear images of Hatsuko to match.