When I was looking this up, I thought I would only find 2. I thoughttp://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-types.htmlht there was only type 1 and type 2 because that’s all you hear about. There are 12 different types of diabetes.
- Gestatatiomal diabetes: which occurs during pregnancy and means high blood sugar.
- Diabetes lada: which is like type 2 diabetes, but is lacking some of the symptoms of type 2.
- Diabetes Mody: shares some symptoms of type 2 diabetes, but is genetic and runs in families. With most it doesn’t always need insulin.
- Double Diabetes: Which is when someone with Type 1 diabetes developes insulin resistance, which is key part of type 2 diabetes.
- Type 3 diabetes: which is a resistance to insulin caused by Alzheimer’s.
- Steroid induced diabetes: I think the name explains this one.
- Brittle Diabetes: is diabetes where the blood sugar is all over the place from high to low which is caused from stress and depression.
- Secondary diabetes: is caused by another medical issue.
- Diabetes mellitus: Has symptoms like type 1 and 2 , but is not related to blood sugar.
- Juvenile Diabetes: this type of diabetes is focus on the young.
- The last two type are type 1 and 2.