Project 2: Group Project Documentation and Presentation
Each group will develop a new look and feel for the game, adding interface elements to provide more
information to the user. A minimum of 2 new feedback elements must be added to the game, and at
least 2 user adjustable options must be made available.
Emphasis for this project is on creating a cohesive experience for the player – all elements must
work well together, and the game interface should be styled to match the game theme.
Submit the game files in a clearly labeled directory in the class Dropbox. Files include:
- the game FLA
- the game SWF & SWZ
- all needed AS
Additionally – include a directory with electronic versions of your document package.
This project requires development of a full set of documents, including:
• a formal written project description
• a program diagram that shows the logic flow of the game and its screens.
• UI diagrams that are properly labeled of each major screen.
• design requirements – the group must identify what tasks and resources are needed by the project.
• test cases – an outline of the testing needed to ensure the game works properly.
The final game will be presented by the group to the entire class on last class meeting for critique.
Projects are presented in front of the class for formal critique. Business appropriate dress is
expected. The group leader will lead the discussion, but all group members are expected to
participate in the presentation.
Be prepared to explain the premise of the game and demonstrate how it works. Explain the interface
elements and how they work with your game.
The project grade of 25 points is weighted:
- 10 points for the actual game – overall design and functionality
- 10 points for documentation – does the document package accurately reflect the project?
- 5 points for presentation – does the team know the project well and can you show an audience how it works?