Pink Floyd – Money
Gwen Stefani – Rich Girl
Lil Dicky – $ave Dat Money
Rage Against the Machine – Maggie’s farm
1. What is your name and how old are you?
2. What were your previous jobs and how/what was the pay?
3. How long have you been working here?
4. Do you enjoy working here? Why?
5. How is your money situation different now that you’re payed a living wage? Has anything changed?
6. How have your coworkers reacted to being payed a living wage?
7. Would you consider quitting? What would bring you to do so?
8. Do you think other companies will follow in the footsteps of LSP?
9. How do you think this business experiment is doing? Positively or negatively? and why?
10. What can be done differently to improve the experience of the employees including yourself?
11. How does the restaurant owner feel about this change? Do you agree?
12. Do you believe that the minimum wage can possibly allow for people to be able to live and sustain themselves?
13. Have customers stopped tipping the employees completely? Do some still tip?
14. Now that you’re payed a living wage would tips really be necessary? or a luxury?
15. Any other comments you have about the topic?
The Lanesplitter Experiment: All of the employees working at any of the 5 locations of Lanesplitter pizza earn $15-25 per hour. They have raised their prices and claim that there are “no tips necessary”.
For one Adult per County:
Contra Costa: $13.35
Santa Clara: $$13.81
San Mateo: $14.37
Life is a game. Money is how we keep score.
-TED TURNER, attributed, The Quotable Billionaire