About Us

About Cooper…

My name is Cooper Jacklich, and spellcheck says that’s wrong. In fact, it might be my one and only pet peeve.

I found out about Ex’pression College the summer before I started high school. I checked it out a bit and attended the game art and design summer camp a few weeks later. I was instantly hooked on game development and knew that this is where I wanted to go to college.

I have a strong desire to learn new technologies, and was raised by artists. It only makes sense that I would be attracted to digital arts in all of its forms. I’ve done everything from stop motion and pencil on paper drawing to programming and motion graphics. Knowing that I wanted to go to Ex’pression gave me a huge boost in motivation to learn. I figured that the more I knew going into college that I would be leaps and bounds ahead of where I was supposed to be when I graduate.

Ten years from now, I hope to be making the games that I want to make and pouring myself into my passions.

I’m inspired by so many different things and enjoy so many different disciplines that it’s impossible to say what my biggest influences are.

I’ve been commissioned for portraits, love drawing and digital painting, have made countless short stop motion videos, plenty of short films with friends, dabbled in animation and 3D modeling, used After Effects, Photoshop, and Flash for 3-4 years now, record gameplay videos with some of my best friends, along with learning to program in C# over the past year and producing two games and an app, I’ve become quite familiar with the Unity game engine and use it almost every day.

I’m interested in a lot of stuff, and the hardest part is deciding what to spend my time working on.

About Jason…

My name is Jason Moran.

I was born in raised in Northern Virginia, about 45 minutes from Washington DC. My Dad is a mechanical engineer and taught me to use AutoCAD while I was in high school. A short time after high school, I started dabbling in 3D art. I got a job as an Applications Engineer at a company called ClearEdge3D, which creates modeling software that uses point cloud data gathered from laser scanners to create BIMs (Building Information Models). This was my first experience in real professional 3D modeling (while not polygonal modeling), software development, testing, as well as demonstration and training.

Working at ClearEdge really validated for me that my interest and skill as a 3D modeler was worth pursuing, and while it was a great job, I wanted to be in a place closer to the heart of the game industry for the sake of meeting other likeminded people, focusing on my modeling skills, and networking. While I’m still a beginner at 3D art, I have been teaching myself modeling, as well as the basic principles and knowledge of how 3D art is made over the last year.

I came to Ex’pression college so that I could be closer to the heart of the game industry, and events like the Game Developers Conference, to give myself a place where I could focus on my art, and of course to network with like-minded people.

In my spare time, I enjoy playing guitar, although I wouldn’t consider myself a serious musician, playing video games, and occasionally building plastic models (Warhammer, Gundam) when I have the money.

About Marcus…

About me. My name Marcus Harris I am a GAD student at expression college. I currently live in Emeryville, CA, but I am from Riverbank born and raised there. I went to Fred C. Beyer High school in Modesto, CA. Now i am currently attending Expression College. While in high school i got in to into coding and cars. I know its kind of two completely different things but, i really love cars and i love computers. Like right now me and my dad are looking for a old VW Bug to buy and soup it up for drag racing. Also i built my current computer from the ground up. For computer it first started when i signed up for computer programming class in school and we got really into html scripting. After that class i just kept on working on it as a hobby.