I’ve finally finished my trailer for the documentary! Many thanks to everybody who contributed to the interviews and feedback.
I was having some difficulties uploading these videos to iMovie, so I’ve uploaded the raw videos instead. Hopefully I’ll be able to get the edited videos out this coming week!
Assignment: Make a storyboard for your piece.
Assignment: Make a blog post stating who you will interview for your blog. Include 10-15 interview questions.
Since I interviewed before receiving this assignment, I will post the questions I asked the cosplayers at Animation on Display.
- What negative experiences have you had with cosplaying?
- Have you ever been put down or insulted in person? Describe.
- Why do you think people gave you negative feedback?
- (cont) Was it your costume, appearance, weight, looks?
- Do you think girls get criticized for their cosplaying more often than guys? How so?
- What do you think of the “fake geek girl” concept?
- Have other’s opinions ever stopped you from wearing a certain costume? Describe.
- Should women be allowed to wear what they want without fear of criticism, leering, or other negative feedback, even if the costume is “sexy”, revealing, and/or skintight? Why?
- Have any cosplaying experiences in the news/media particularly stood out to you?
- What advice do you have for female cosplayers who are afraid to cosplay because of all the negative feedback?
I’m still not sure who the blonde cosplayer is cosplaying, so if you know, please enlighten me in the comments!
Found out the correct name and have updated the post.
A Tenshi Hinanawi cosplayer shares her experience with negative comments about her costumes and appearance.
I attended Animation on Display at Hotel Kabuki in San Francisco this past Saturday, and this was actually the first time I’d ever been to a convention. Ever. Crazy, right? I took one of my best friends and my younger sister to help me get some great interviews for the project!
A few of the awesome cosplayers I met and (some) interviewed on Saturday –
- Yuuka (Touhou), Tenshi Hinanawi (Touhou), the Engineer (Team Fortress 2), Yukari (Touhou)
- A Jedi, myself, and a Clone Trooper variant (Star Wars cosplay)
- Tuxedo Mask, Avengers-themed Sailor Scouts (Loki, Captain America, and Iron Man), and myself (Sailor Moon/Avengers cosplay)
The original artwork that the Avengers-themed Sailor Scouts based their costumes on:
I’ll be posting up interviews in a few days so stay tuned! If you are the last cosplayer or know which character she cosplayed, please let me know in the comments!