About Us

VANESSA DELGADO

2014-11-20-14-32-48_deco

Hello World!

My name is Vanessa and I am a student here at Ex’pression College currently enrolled in the AVE program. I recently moved to the area a few months ago in order to be closer to the Bay Area and further the beginnings of my career as a visual effects artists and animator. I began the AVE program in July, pretty much a beginner, having experience only in traditional pencil/ink on paper and some painting. After only a few short months I feel as though my skills have drastically improved and broadened thus putting me one step closer to my goals.

Growing up, I was a big fan of the Disney, Pixar, and Studio Ghibli films as well as an avid gamer. This passion carried into my adulthood in which I soon realized I wanted to develop my hobby into a full blown career. Of course, I didn’t necessarily realize this immediately and did spend a few years developing another of my big passions in life: animals! I worked as a Veterinary Technician for a majority of my young adult life but realized that my true interests for a career lied elsewhere.

I hope in the coming years to become skilled enough to be employed by one of the magnificent and glorious companies that inspired me growing up like Pixar,Square Enix, or Tell Tale Games.

Please feel free to browse through my posts to see more into my life,projects, and works.

P.S. The cutie in the picture above is my old grandpa of a cat named Chairman Meow. <3

Logo

DEBBIE NITKA

10897077_10205722959818283_8338929097874538907_n

My name is Debbie Nitka and I am currently a student at Ex’pression College for Digital Arts. I was born and raised in a small town in Wisconsin and moved to California in July 2014 to pursue my dream of becoming an animator. Ten years from now I hope to see myself writing and animating films that bring joy to people’s lives. When I make creative work my goal is to make people laugh. In my eyes, there is nothing more rewarding than being the reason for a person’s smile. I also enjoy creating detailed works of art that require more time to make. The hard work that goes into that type of art always pays off. I want to be apart of this documentary because I find the story compelling. I love how these two women met by chance and are now living out their dream job together.

ALYSSA HARN

Myself, taken by myself

My love for art developed at an early age and was nurtured by my parents. As a child, I was encouraged to create art in all mediums and eventually decided I wanted to be an animator.  In the summer of 2014 I began attending classes at Ex’pression College where I have learned many things that I can apply in the future. I completed an animated short film with a group of seven and will use the skill I acquired during the process to improve my future animations.

My long term goal is to create beautiful and entertaining animations for Blizzard Entertainment or Sega. For inspiration I look to fantasy novels and video games. World of Warcraft, and, the Wheel of Time Series, have hugely influenced my art and remain my favorite stories of all time. I strive to create universes as rich as those, but I try not to limit myself to one style and frequently experiment in hopes of bringing my characters and stories to life.

I became interested in creating this documentary after I learned about Erin and Allison’s story. It was so original and fun that knew it would make a wonderful documentary! Our team is great and I know we can make something that looks great and tells their story well.

MARIO GALLEGOS

mario

My Name is Mario Gallegos. I came to Expression College to pursue a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Interactive Audio.What drives my creativity is my passion for music. I want to learn how to apply music to sound tracks, motion graphics, and video games using the latest programs, software, and hardware.I would like to be settled my dream job at a major company such as Google, Apple, Pandora, Pixar, Motorola, Samsung, Dolby, etc. My biggest influences are Electronic DJ’s such as Diplo from Major Lazer, Carl Cox, and Pharrell Williams from N.E.R.D./ Neptunes.I create entertainment using mobile app programs in which I implement my music of choice in sync with short videos involving dancing, humor, art, or urban lifestyle captured in the moment.