About Us

CALE RUSSELL

My name is Cale. I am a first year Sound Arts student at Ex’pression college. I love music and technology. My goal at Ex’pression is to absorb every piece of information in the music industry I can. Production, recording, equipment, software, … doesn’t matter I want to be a subject matter expert. I like to spend my time outdoors if possible. I mountain bike, fish, hunt, camp, snowboard, and generally like all outdoors activities. I also like working with technology of any kind and my hands. I am inclined mechanically and in math and science. Being a former IT computers and telephones come naturally to me.

ANTHONY ZAZZERA

My name is Anthony Zazzera. I am currently enrolled at Ex’pression College for Digital Arts. This is my first year in the Sound Arts program and I never thought I would see myself around and working with such amazing equipment before. I come from a background heavy in film. My entire family has always been about movies and I grew up around them 24/7. I have loved motion pictures ever since my father managed a movie theater in San Jose when I was very young. I can remember going to watch the “premiere” of Babe, in an empty movie theater with a GIGANTIC bag of popcorn and enough space to run up and down the aisles.

My interest peaked last year when I took a Sound Design course at West Valley College in Saratoga, CA. I was hooked. Starting with a blank “audio canvas,” I created these layered projects filled with different sounds and such. I couldn’t get enough of it and decided to reach out to a family friend, a local film director who opened my mind to the idea of schools up in the Bay Area. It wasn’t very long before Ex’pression came up in conversation and the rest is history…

BRYCE ADAMS

I am a current student at Ex’pression College pursuing a major in sound arts. What made me interested in sound arts were movies. I love movies! I love to watch, make, and see how they are made. It amazes me how much work goes into making a movie sound right. My dream and goal is to mix, record, edit, or design sound in film industry.

I also love to mess around with iMove. With iMovie, I have done  many promo videos for my church. This last semester at Ex’pression, we made a short film, which was a lot of fun!

NATASHA CANDELARIA SMITH

Hello. I am a Motion Graphic Design student at Ex’pression College for the Digital Arts. I work with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects, as well as Final Cut Pro X, Cinema 4D, and Pro Tools. In 2011, I worked at Nomad Editing Company in Santa Monica. Otherwise, my work has so far been for educational purposes. Making jewelry and snowboarding are some additional hobbies of mine.

I became interested in motion graphics after working at Nomad and found the program at Ex’pression an exciting chance to learn. In September of 2013, I began attending Ex’pression College. Two-dimensional graphics mixed in with reel-picture is what I’d like to work with mainly at the moment, however, I am quickly gaining an interest in animation and three-dimensional graphics.

_____________________________________________________________________

[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/130879339?secret_token=s-6A2gL” params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]

My logo from lab 4

Berkeley Boys BS Logo Cutout

The Berkeley Boys are a group of downhill skateboarders that changed the way longboards are ridden today.

Some Ex’pression and Emeryville shots

Alcatraz and the Golden Gate bridge

I-580 marker

Shellmound sign

Wall of famous visitors/Made it out alive wall!

The old SSL9000