We're excited to announce the San Francisco Comic Con Film Festival that will be held at the convention on Friday, September 2nd! The film festival will feature short films of 15 minutes or less, and will spotlight the creativity and ability of local filmmakers. If you're an aspiring filmmaker, click the below link for details on submitting your creation!
- Teams will have 48 hours to produce a 5 min film
- Two divisions
- Open Division – $25 entry fee per team
- Student Division – $15 entry fee per team
- At the start of the competition teams will be given 4 elements which much be included in their films.
- Each team will also select different Genres at the start of the competition.
- Best Open Division Film – $250
- Best Student Division Film – $250
- Maximum of 25 teams per each division
- No limit to number of members on team
The Berkeley FILM Foundation (BFF), now in its third year of gifting, is pleased to announce it is accepting entries for its 2011 BFF film and video grant program. The BFF anticipates awarding $150,000 in the 2011 program. In the first two years of the film and video grant program, the BFF awarded $220,000 to projects in the production, post-production and distribution stages.
This year, BFF is introducing a Student Filmmaker Grant for local students. Grants are intended to help underwrite production, post-production, or distribution costs.
Please read the Grant Guidelines carefully as not all students and projects will qualify. Music videos do not qualify.
Applications must be received by the Berkeley Film Office on or before 12pm on Friday, June 3, 2011.
For more info and the application, visit the 2011 Berkeley FILM Foundation site. If you are a student, please be sure to read the student guidelines thoroughly and complete the student application.