February 22, 2016 in Animation & Visual Effects, Announcements, Digital Filmmaking, E'vents, Fine Arts, Game Art & Design, Interactive Audio, Live Music, Motion Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Programs, Sound Arts, Student Alliance, Student Events, Student Groups and Clubs, Students by Nicholas Bizzack
and sbumit it to Sean Rodriquez or David Marquess
**Required if you are submitting work**
June 18, 2015 in Animation & Visual Effects, Announcements, Common Core, Digital Filmmaking, Fine Arts, Game Art & Design, Groups, Interactive Audio, LMW, Motion Graphic Design, MSV, Programs, Sound Arts, Student Alliance, Student Groups and Clubs, Students by Nicholas Bizzack
April 15, 2015 in Announcements, Common Core, Digital Filmmaking, Fine Arts, Game Art & Design, Interactive Audio, Motion Graphic Design, Sound Arts, Students by Nicholas Bizzack
New books added to the library! Come on in and check them out!
New titles as of April 14, 2015:
- All you need is ears
- Anatomy for sculptors: understanding the human figure
- The art of space: the history of space art from the earliest visions to the graphics of the modern era
- Assistant engineer’s handbook: the definitive guide to working as an assistant engineer in today’s professional digital recording studio
- The Avengers: Earth’s mightiest heroes
- Baryshnikov in black and white
- Becoming Elektra: the true story of Jac Holzman’s visionary record label
- Bob Marley and the golden age of reggae: 1975-1976, the photographs of Kim Gottlieb-Walker
- The Bruce Swedien recording method
- Cinema’s conversion to sound: technology and film style in France and the U.S.
- Complete electronics self-teaching guide with projects
- Crank it up: live sound secrets of the top tour engineers
- DC Comics: the ultimate character guide
- Dialogue editing for motion pictures: a guide to the invisible art
- Digital photography: a basic manual
- Dog dogs
- Fat, drunk, and stupid: the inside story behind the making of Animal House
- The fifth Beatle: the Brian Epstein story
- The films of Greta Garbo
- Getting from college to career: your essential guide to succeeding in the real world
- The guitar amp handbook: understanding tube amplifiers and getting great sounds
- Guitar effects pedals: the practical handbook
- How to build a small budget recording studio from scratch
- How to open & operate a financially successful independent record label
- In the studio with Michael Jackson
- Knock ‘em dead job interview: how to turn job interviews into job offers
- Life after college: the complete guide to getting what you want
- M-G-M: Hollywood’s greatest backlot
- Mac basics in easy steps: covers OS X Mountain Lion
- The making of the African Queen, or how I went to Africa with Bogart, Bacall, and Huston and almost lost my mind
- Master handbook of acoustics
- Master shots: 100 advanced camera techniques to get an expensive look on your low budget movie
- Office 2011 for Mac all-in-one dummies
- Presentation skills 201: how to take it to the next level as a confident, engaging presenter
- Remix: making art and commerce thrive in the hybrid economy
- Sound for film and television
- Sound reproduction: loudspeakers and rooms
- Star guitars: 101 guitars that rocked the world
- Study strategies made easy
- This business of concert promotion and touring: a practical guide to creating, selling, organizing, and staging concerts
- Threadless: ten years of t-shirts from the world’s most inspiring online design community
- Variety: an illustrated history of the world from the most important magazine in Hollywood
- Waging heavy peach: a hippie dream
- We the media: grassroots journalism by the people, for the people
- What they’ll never tell you about the music business: the myths, the secrets, the lies (& a few truths)
- The wrecking crew: the inside story of rock and roll’s best-kept secret
- Writing, directing, and producing documentary films and videos
More information about the Wintzen Library and Learning Resource Center can be found HERE!
August 12, 2014 in Animation & Visual Effects, Announcements, Digital Filmmaking, Fine Arts, Game Art & Design, Motion Graphic Design, Programs, Student Alliance, Student Events, Students by Kenneth Macaraig
March 25, 2014 in Animation & Visual Effects, Announcements, Digital Filmmaking, Fine Arts, Game Art & Design, Motion Graphic Design, Student Events, Students by Kenneth Macaraig
Do you think your artwork is some of the best at Ex’pression College?
Submit it to the Spring 2014 Visual Arts Showcase.
The Spring 2014 Visual Arts Showcase will be celebrated on Thursday, May 8th at 5pm in Meyer Hall. The screening will feature the best work from the Animation & Visual Effects, Digital Filmmaking, Game Art Design, and Motion Graphic Design students at Ex’pression College.
- Submission deadline is Friday, May 2nd.
- Please complete the submission form below.
- Then and upload your video submission in a folder formatted with your name to this directory:
- PC: bluearc\AVE\Student Drop Box\Spring 2014 Visual Art Showcase
- MAC: smb://bluearc.exp.edu/AVE/Student Drop Box/Spring 2014 Visual Art Showcase
- All submissions must be a Quicktime (.mov) file formatted to HD720 (1280×720) and rendered with the H.264 codec at best quality.
- Previously edited demo reels or portfolios will not be accepted- please submit the original artworks instead for consideration.
- Current Students and Alumni who have graduated in the past year are eligible to participate.
- Submissions will be juried by the faculty and/or Program Directors.
Spring 2014 VAS Submission deadline has passed. Thank you and we hope to see you next time!