IT Support Staff Wanted – Helpdesk Technician I
Ex’pression College is looking for a talented and resourceful support technician in our Information Technology department.
Premier customer support is our goal!
We offer interesting IT systems work without a stuffy, corporate environment. Here you will find the opportunity to support the labs, classrooms and staff in the visual effects and sound production industries without the grinding production schedules.
We have hundreds of computers, several recording studios, a render farm, a large campus network and plenty of opportunities for knowledge growth and exploration.
The Helpdesk Technician provides tier 1 support for OS, SW & HW support calls on Windows & Mac for Ex’pression College’s Emeryville campus. The role supports the needs of multiple departments in a fast paced education/production environment.
This position requires excellent verbal & written communication skills, outstanding customer service focus, and ability to work in a team & independently, follow instructions, and suggest improvements to existing processes. This is not a federal work-study position.
- Tier one support, building, installing, imaging, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows 7 and Mac desktops & laptops
- Software & license installation
- Tier one user support (phones, triage all support tickets & at the user’s desk)
- Develop & document tools/procedures
- Install & maintain 3rd party software & licensing
- Set up & move and retire systems as directed
- Analyze issues & create solutions for HW & SW problems
- Daily & weekly preventative maintenance.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to an ever changing work load, and work in a fast paced environment, while providing top notch support to our students and staff.
- As a student at Ex’pression your education is the number 1 priority, so this will be a part-time position not to exceed 20 hours per week.
- Hours may include evenings, or mornings as needed.
- Position open to currently enrolled students only.
If you would like to help our students turn their passion into a profession, please email IT@expression.edu (Please put Helpdesk Technician in the subject line of your email.)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ex’pression College for Digital Arts, Make your passion your profession ®