Make Waves For AIDS Benefit Show

August 28, 2009 in Live Music by

Please support recent graduate Mbutshu Yindja and her benefit showcase Making Waves for AIDS!

Host: Mbutshu “Gode” Yindja
Date: Sunday, August 30, 2009
Time: 5:00pm – 9:00pm -Doors open at 4:30
Location: Ex’pression College
Street: 6601 Shellmound Street
City/Town: Emeryville, CA
Price: $10 donation | Accepting more throughout the night
Contact: Mbutshu at mw4a@att.net to RSVP and for questions
________________________________

During my junior and senior years at Ex’pression College, I was blessed in receiving academic scholarships from East Bay Habitat for Humanity in the sum of over $20,000 dollars. As part of my annual scholarship’s community service requirement, I decided to use this as an opportunity to take on a project in my senior year that has been on my heart for some time involving health, disease, and the human condition. My mission is to extend a message to stop the fear and the ignorance associated with AIDS/HIV. I want to promote awareness, hope, courage, and community strength throughout the world starting right in my own backyard.

Make Waves For AIDS 2009 is a benefit show with guest speakers and live performers, past and current Ex’pression students, faculty, and staff members all joined together to support this cause. My time as a student at Ex’pression College has fueled me to take on this project and utilize the resources that I have gained. The proceeds will go to the non-profit AIDS/HIV organization of my choice (TBA.)

5p- Address from Keynote Speakers from the community
7p- Live Music by Local Artists
Selket
Renee Asteria
Mbutshu “Gode” Yindja

Special performances with Ex’pression College students: Jamese Coker, Terrance McDaniels, Omar Grant, and Skyler Kilborn (from Bullets Cant Kill Danny)
Make_Waves