Join in the fun! Student Alliance and the Office of Student Affairs will be hosting a Halloween Costume Contest. Even if you don’t plan on entering, please vote for your favorite student costume by liking the photo of it on the Student Alliance Facebook page. A photo album will be set up labeled Halloween Costume Contest. Choose your favorite costume between 2:00 and 4:00 pm.
|11 am – 1 pm||Costumed entrants photographed by the Wintzen Library|
|2 – 4 pm||Voting begins on the Student Alliance Facebook|
|4 pm||Winners of Costume Contest announced on Facebook and by the Library|
Winners for the contest will receive cash prizes as listed below:
1st Place $150
2nd Place $75
3rd Place $50
Costume Contest Rules
- Contestants must stop by in front of the Wintzen Library entrance on Friday, October 31st, between 11 am – 1 pm to be photographed. Those who show up too late to get a photo taken cannot enter the contest.
- If you enter as a group, the prize will be divided evenly amongst the group.
- No inappropriate costumes (racist, sexist, homophobic, too revealing, etc.).
- No realistic looking weapons (hyper-realistic looking guns, swords or weaponry).
- No messy costume attire that cannot be easily cleaned up, will cause damage to the facility, or may drip on floors and cause injury by slipping. This includes blood, slime, or other make-up that drips.
- Voting will take place via Student Alliance Facebook page from 2 to 4 pm.
- Winners will be announced at 4 pm from the Ex’radio booth and on Facebook.
- If there is a tie, those present at the time of announcing the winners will vote for a tiebreaker.
Have you moved, changed your phone number or email address? The best way to make sure that you are informed about what’s happening campus or to find out the latest changes to your student record (finances and academic) is by keeping your contact information up-to-date.
We are happy to announce that you can now fill out the Office of the Registrars’ new online Student Contact Information Update form any time you move, sign up for a new email address, or phone number.
Change is good, especially if you let your Registrar know what has changed!
Although campus will be open on Columbus Day (10/13/14), there will be no lectures or labs running on that Monday.
Please note specific departmental closures below…
The IT Office will close at 6 PM on Friday, October 10th, and reopen at 7:30 AM on Tuesday, October 14th.
IT support will not be available over the holiday. Helpdesk tickets can be submitted via email@example.com.
The Library will not be open on Monday, October 13th; it will reopen at 9 AM on Tuesday, October 14th.
The ER will close at 1 AM on Monday, October 13th, and reopen at 8 AM on Tuesday, October 14th.
The Studios will close at 1 AM on Monday, October 13th, and reopen at 8 AM on Tuesday, October 14th.
Studio bookings will not be allowed over the holiday.
The doors to the Student Services area in the South Wing will be close at 5 PM on Friday, October 10th, and reopen at 10 AM on Tuesday, October 14th.
If you need immediate assistance after 5 PM on Friday or before 10 AM on Tuesday, please use the courtesy phone at the entrance to the South Wing Student Services area (i.e. Financial Aid, Registrars, Office of Student Affairs, and Bursar). Here’s a link to our phone directory.
Celebrate your day off by attending Indigenous Peoples Day Festivities in Berkeley!